Designed , developed & Hosted By Kishoo, Barkur
If you want yourself or somebody you know to be featured here please
send a brief profile along with fotografs to
We are delighted to present Mr.V.L.Roche as our Personality of the month.
MR V. L. ROCHE
Fort Nandaraj, BARKUR - 576210
Mr. V. L. Roche, a great personality of Barkur, a freedom fighter was born
in Moodahadu (Pandeshwar) Village on 15th February 1924 and he passed
Metric examination in 1943 at Milagres High School, Kallianpur. During World
War II in 1943 he joined the Army and associated himself in the freedom
He joined construction industry in 1947 as Surveyor in M/s Hindustan Construction
Co. Ltd., at Igatpuri Tunnels for the former G. I. P. Railways.
Many mega projects are attributed in his credit, to name a few:
1. Pipe line formation to a length of one mile in the sea and other allied
Sea Erosion Protection works for the Bombay Port Trust connected with two refineries.
2. As works manager for M/s Canara Construction at Gandhi Sagar Dam in
Chambal Hydel Project in Madhya Pradesh.
3. As works-in-charge for Patel Engineering Co. Ltd., in connection with
the first underground power house in Koyna Hydro Electric Project.
4. As Sub-contractor to M/s R. J. Shah & Co., Talai Tunnel in Khandwa
Hingoli Railway Project for Central Railway.
5. The work of Malali Tunnel at Sharavathi Valley Project in the
6. Kulshekar Tunnel in Mangalore Hassan Railway Project, Mangalore
Panamboor Harbor line & he first tunnel of Konkan Railway.
7. Sea erosion protection work on west coast at Sasi Hithlu at Mangalore
Taluk, Kasabakodi in Kundapur Taluk, Kodi Bengre, Hoode etc in Udupi Taluk.
He became the President of Barkur Education Society (Regd) in the year
1978 which is running 2 Primary Schools, 1 High School, 1 Junior College and an I. T. I.
He is also involved in almost all intra-religious activities in and around Barkur.
During the Platinum Jubilee Celebrations of St. Peter's Church
Barkur he served as the Honorary President of the committee.
the occasion of his 78th Birthday, he is being honored publicly in
Barkur by the Education Institutions on 15th February 2002. We along
with the Parish Priest and Parishioners of St. Peter's Church, Barkur
wish him good health and peaceful retired life.
Barkur, located in Udupi Taluk, Karnataka, India. 576 210
Copyright Kishoo, Barkur 2002.